Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ditch the unhealthy luncheon meats and opt for this spread full of vegetable protein. This version doesn't have any garlic or onion so it works well in an office "brown-bag" lunch. But if you are feeling brave go ahead and add a clove or two of garlic and/or 4-5 green onions.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, petite diced, drained
- 1 lime, juice of, whole
- fresh cilantro, handful
- Puree all of the ingredients in a food processor.
- As a sandwich filler, serve on whole-wheat bread with fresh spinach and sliced tomato.
- As a dip, serve with fresh veggies such as baby carrots, cukes and red bell pepper slices.
Love it! It resulted in a nice purple bean spread! Fun and healthy for kids!
Always on the look out for healthier additions to our diet. Used this recipe on a whole wheat roll, with a dallop of guacamole and shredded cabbage. Tasty. The lime was a bit much, and will cut back a little next time (just personal preference). Enjoyed :) Thank you for sharing.