Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This is the time of year to make corn salad and this is a tasty and easy to make version. If you have the time, fresh corn is fantastic and I have also made this with a bottled Caesar dressing.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together vinaigrette, pepper, cilantro, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Set dressing aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together beans, corn, onion, green onions, and red bell pepper. Toss with dressing. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for several hours. Toss again before serving.
Unbelieveably easy and delicious! I left out a few things because my child has food aversion issues (cilantro, cayenne, green onion) and it still turned out fabulous. Thank you!
Very tasty salad. Loved how all the flavors worked together. I used fresh cilantro only because I didn't have dried. I served it with Cooking Light Beef Fajitas for a delicious meal. Thanks for posting. :)
We love bean salads so I made up this one to take to the beach with us this weekend and everyone seriously loved it. Subtly-seasoned and fresh-tasting. Went really well with our grilled meats.