Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from Kraft. It is out of this world and easy to make.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup kraft zesty Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup kraft low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Heat oil in large skillet on med-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, add dressing and tomato paste.
- Add chicken, cover. Reduce heat to med-low. Simmer 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon, simmer uncovered 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve over hot cooked rice if desired,.
Not quite a 4*, really. But quick and easy, has flavor. I browned the chicken first. I thickened the sauce with beurre manie or it would have been too liquidy. I was leery of the Italian dressing but you can't taste it in the final product. Slices of mozzarella would have worked better than shredded. I might make it again, in a pinch. Thanks, Belinda, for posting. I picked this up on a blog, don't remember which one!
I thought this was absolutely fabulous but dh didn't like it. I was concerned when I was putting it together that there wasn't enough liquid to simmer the chicken in, but by the time the chicken was done there was plenty! I completely forgot to add the cheese and the bacon at the end, but I didn't miss it at all. I served over hot buttered noodles and it was perfect.
Very nice and very easy! I did brown the chicken breasts first then completed the recipe. Next time, as a personal preference, I might add a bit more salad dressing for the tang! Leftovers reheated nicely, too.