There are many variations of this sandwich in California. This is a great lunch or easy dinner. French Rolls are found in the bread aisle and crisp up better than other breads. This recipe uses the hoagie sized roll. Very tasty! I believe that the people of Castroville, CA get credit for this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Thinly slice mushrooms, onion, tomato and set aside in separate piles.
- 3Drain artichoke hearts, but reserve liquid.
- 4Coarsely chop artichoke hearts.
- 5Split french rolls.
- 6Take artichoke liquid and brush the sides of the bread.
- 7On the bottom piece of bread put one quarter of the artichokes.
- 8Next add 1/4 of the mushrooms, onions, and then tomato to each sandwich.
- 9Top the veggies with 2 slices of provolone per sandwich.
- 10Sprinkle desired amount of crushed red pepper on top of the cheese and then place top on sandwich. Press down on sandwich slightly so that it does not fall over.
- 11Place on baking pan to bake. This generally takes 10 minutes. Watch closely!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Bistro Artichoke Sandwich --- Vegetarian Too!
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.3
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 866.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 20.5 g