Recipe by Julie in SoCal
This is my own adaptation of Bisquick's shortcake made a teensy more healthy with their Heart Smart mix. I'm sure it would work fine with regular Bisquick as well. You could also use regular milk, but I think the buttermilk makes a lighter and more tender cake.
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk (or any other milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (I used 1 tsp. almond extract)
- 2 eggs
- 3 pints strawberries, washed and sliced (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (opt. for extra flavor on the berries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9X13 inch pan and preheat oven to 350.
- Add all cake ingredients together and beat with wire whisk until smooth.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until top is golden brown and cake tests done.
- Slice cake, top with berries, and add either whipped cream or ice cream, to your liking.