Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
Yummy and Fast
Top Review by coconutcream
I'll admit that at first I was worried: there didn't seem to be enough batter and it was too thick, and there seemed to be too much cheese and too much meat mounded up in the center...but I was wrong to worry! The cheese baked into the tasty crust, which rose up the sides of the dish until it was level with the top of the meat, and everything turned out well! This was tasty and easy, a winning combination! I will say though, that I might try this another time with some sort of tomato sauce rather than salsa.
- 2⁄3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa
- chopped cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray a 8 or 9-inch pan with pan spray. Stir together Bisquick mix, water & egg. Spread in the pan then sprinkle with 1 1/4 cups of the cheese.
- Using a skillet cook & stir chicken in oil over medium-high heat until outsides turn white; drain. Stir in salsa & chopped onion; heat until hot. Spoon over batter in the pan to within 1/2-inch of the edges.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until edges are dark golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 1-3 minutes or until cheese melts; loosen from sides of the pan & serve.