Recipe by Ducky
I got this recipe from my mother about 20 years ago and it has been a hit ever since. This is a dessert-type or snack-type bread. My husband loves it and I can't keep a loaf around for long.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
The taste combination is great but the texture came out all crumbly. I think that next time I will up the oil a bit to see if it will hold together better. The flavor though kind of makes me think of oatmeal scotchie cookies.
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Bisquick, oats and sugar.
- Combine egg, milk and oil.
- Add to the dry mixture, beating until smooth.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Bake in a greased, wax paper-lined bread pan for 70 minutes at 350.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan by lifting the wax paper.
- Wait for bread to cool before removing wax paper to avoid excessive crumbling.