Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My Dh Loves these.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- In a large mixing bowl sift the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix in cottage cheese until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Mix together plain yogurt and skim milk.
- Pour into flour and cottage cheese mixture and mix well.
- (Add a little milk if it is too dry.).
- Pat out on floured board 1/2 inch and cut into biscuits.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and bake in a 400 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
These were great and I loved the texture of them! I enjoyed them alot better than the ones made with butter. Thanks for the recipe Dancer^!
I'm not so sure about these, I must have done something wrong. THey didn't have a dough-consistency, it was more runny like cake dough, so I added more and more flour. Finally I gave up and dropped blobs on the sheet like cookies. They looked wonderful but were dry from the flour. However, they did have a nice flavor from the cottage cheese and yogurt.
I also made these using all whole wheat flour as suggested by another reviewer. They came out perfectly. I made them smaller and got about 20 biscuits. We really enjoyed them. — Apr 2, 2005, 1 member found this helpful