Recipe by mielhollinger
These tasty jewels are perfect with any soup. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4-1 cup sour soymilk (soy milk + 1 tsp vinegar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the vegetable shortening and sour milk and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Spoon into lightly oiled muffin tins, or roll out and cut with biscuit or cookie cutters and place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes.