Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bisquick clone. This actually has less fat than Bisquick.
- Use shortening that does not require refrigeration.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks at room temperature, or for up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Makes about 12 cups.
- Use to make Easy Biscuits or Easy Muffins.
- Easy Biscuits: Place 1 cup of Easy Biscuit Mix in a bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Add 1/4 cup milk.
- Stir with a fork, just till dough clings together.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes.
- Roll or pat to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter, dipping cutter into flour between cuts.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 8-10 mminutes, or till golden.
- Makes 4.
- Easy Muffins: In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of Easy Biscuit Mex, and 1-3 Tbl. sugar.
- Combine 1 beaten egg and 1/4 cup milk; add all at once to biscuit mixture.
- Stir just till moistened (mixture should be lumpy.).
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 13-20 minutes, or till golden.
- Makes 6.