Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on the web about 5 years ago and can't remember where I found it. I wish I could so that they received the credit. I am a biscotti nut and this was the first recipe (and only) that I used. The results are fabulous and they are so easy to make even though they are triple-baked. I did change the ingredients just a little. Once you eat these you will never go back to store-bought again. I like them best dipped in a cup of hot tea.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add Eggs.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add orange zest and almond extract.
- Continue mixing until well blended.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in almonds.
- On floured board, divide dough in half and using your hands roll and form each half into a long roll (approx 1 1/2 diameter by 10 inches long).
- Place rolls lengthwise on a cookie sheet approx 2 inches apart.
- Bake rolls at 350 for about 20- 25 minutes.
- Take rolls out of oven and cool for 5 minutes (leaving them on the cookie sheet).
- Using a sharp knife slice across each roll diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices (I usually make the slices about 3 inches long).
- Lay the slices flat on the cookie sheet, then bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove and cool biscottis on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container once they are cooled.