Debby H's Note:
I found this recipe on the web about 5 years ago and can't remember where I found it. I wish I could so that they received the credit. I am a biscotti nut and this was the first recipe (and only) that I used. The results are fabulous and they are so easy to make even though they are triple-baked. I did change the ingredients just a little. Once you eat these you will never go back to store-bought again. I like them best dipped in a cup of hot tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cream butter and sugar.
- 3Add Eggs.
- 4Mix until smooth.
- 5Add orange zest and almond extract.
- 6Continue mixing until well blended.
- 7Sift in flour, baking powder and salt.
- 8Stir in almonds.
- 9On floured board, divide dough in half and using your hands roll and form each half into a long roll (approx 1 1/2 diameter by 10 inches long).
- 10Place rolls lengthwise on a cookie sheet approx 2 inches apart.
- 11Bake rolls at 350 for about 20- 25 minutes.
- 12Take rolls out of oven and cool for 5 minutes (leaving them on the cookie sheet).
- 13Using a sharp knife slice across each roll diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices (I usually make the slices about 3 inches long).
- 14Lay the slices flat on the cookie sheet, then bake for 8 minutes.
- 15Turn slices over and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until slightly golden.
- 16Remove and cool biscottis on a rack.
- 17Store in an airtight container once they are cooled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.9
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 96.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of