I made this to go with duck, but it would be terrific with chicken or pork as well.
Make and share this Easy Bigarade Sauce (L'orange) recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the zest off of 2 oranges and the lemon with a vegetable peeler; set aside.
- Squeeze the juice out of all the oranges and the lemon; set aside.
- In a saute pan, over low heat, cook the sugar with the vinegar until reduced to a dark syrup.
- Add the stock and orange and lemon juices; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes, skimming any foam that appears on the top.
- Once done, the sauce should coat the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile, cut the reserved zests into thin julienne strips; add to sauce the last couple of minutes of cooking.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste; serve hot.