I got this cooking tip from Quick Cooking Magazine several years ago. It's nice for those that can't have a grill or when it is to cold to.
- 1 ear of corn (left in husks)
- plastic wrap
- Leave corn in the husks.
- Wrap each ear in a piece of plastic wrap; as many as you need.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes per ear.
- CAREFULLY unwrap corn and peel the husk off; the silk should just come right out.
- Enjoy with butter and salt if you wish.
I have made this twice in two days. I didn't want to review it yesterday because the corn was thoroughly overcooked at 4 minutes. (And that was for two ears.) So...I insightfully determined that that wasn't the fault of the technique, but of the youth of the corn. So tonight I nuked the corn (again two ears) for two minutes (one minute per ear) and it is perfect ...and the silk comes off soooooo wonderfully easily. So I recommend to my fellow 'zaarites that you consider the time of the year and the probable maturity of the corn in deciding how long to microwave. Personally, I probably will use this technique forevermore. Thanks so much for posting it!
I love this corn recipe, very easy no boiling of water perfectly done and simple. thanks
I agree with the other reviewer--Very easy and it turned out great--Thanks.