Recipe by Sam & Levi's Mommy
This is a fool proof, tasty, and full of nutrients Banana Bread. After failing at so many recipes I came up with my own and think its a winner! The key to cooking this throughout so that you do not get that mush undercooked bread is to cook it in a bundt pan. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash clove
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- walnuts (optional)
- pecans (optional)
- cranberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together melted butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and mashed bananas; combine well.
- Sift together flour, flax seed, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Add optional items; mix well.
- Pour into a well greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.