1/1 Photo of Easy Berry Muffins
As with most of my recipes, you can mix stuff up. Substitute away. I. E. eggs for applesauce, milk for any other kind of milk substitute, honey for any other sweet substance, and flax meal for flour. These are not really sweet muffins if you follow my directions. You can make them more sweet if you would like without sacrificing the baking much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml unsweetened berries (any kind fresh or frozen)
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour (or any other flour or meal)
- 177.44 ml flax seed meal (or any other meal or flour)
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 78.07 ml honey (or any other sweet stuff)
- 118.29 ml applesauce (or an egg)
- 118.29 ml milk (or any milk substitute)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly spray muffin tin with non-stick spray (Or just brush olive oil around the tin cups).
- 3Wash and drain berries with soap even if they are organic.
- 4Combine flour, flax meal, baking powder, the sweet stuff, the apple sauce, and milk.
- 5Add the berries.
- 6Use an ice cream scoop with a emptier to put the batter into the pan (it is just easy this way), if you don't have this kind of ice cream scoop just get it in there the best you can. You want the cups about 2/3 full, but more or less doesn't matter.
- 7Bake for 17 minutes, or until tops are light brown.
- 8After baking feel free to drizzle honey (or any other sweet substance) on top, allow muffins to cool before removing them from the tin.
Browse Our Top Berries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Berry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 129.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: