Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
As with most of my recipes, you can mix stuff up. Substitute away. I. E. eggs for applesauce, milk for any other kind of milk substitute, honey for any other sweet substance, and flax meal for flour. These are not really sweet muffins if you follow my directions. You can make them more sweet if you would like without sacrificing the baking much.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with non-stick spray (Or just brush olive oil around the tin cups).
- Wash and drain berries with soap even if they are organic.
- Combine flour, flax meal, baking powder, the sweet stuff, the apple sauce, and milk.
- Add the berries.
- Use an ice cream scoop with a emptier to put the batter into the pan (it is just easy this way), if you don't have this kind of ice cream scoop just get it in there the best you can. You want the cups about 2/3 full, but more or less doesn't matter.
- Bake for 17 minutes, or until tops are light brown.
- After baking feel free to drizzle honey (or any other sweet substance) on top, allow muffins to cool before removing them from the tin.
These are amazing. I did substitute things - used gluten free flour, cashew milk, an egg and reduced the honey to one large tablespoon, and they turned out fantastic! Maybe because of the gluten free flour I had to add a little more milk, and I reduced the baking powder to 1 1/2 teaspoons because usually I use 2 teaspoons for 12 muffins. They sprang up nicely and taste delicious. Will definitely keep this recipe! Thanks for posting.