Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and delish on pancakes, waffles, crepes, or anything else that needs some great berry flavor! Use blackberries or raspberries as your berries. Other berries really don't work :) This doesn't make a huge amount of topping so you can double if you wish.
- 3 tablespoons frozen raspberries or 3 tablespoons frozen blackberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- sugar or artificial artificial sweetener, to taste
- Heat first 3 ingredients in a bowl for 45 seconds, or until berries are thawed and have released their juices.
- Lightly mash the berries until the sauce no longer has any big chunks, and mix in flour and sweetener.
- Enjoy over pancakes, waffles, crepes, or whatever you want! Great with margarine and a dollop of Cool Whip.
I used frozen raspberries and whole milk. I cooked it around 1 minute in the microwave. That's so easy to do and the taste so good. Thanks for posting :) Made for Healthy Tag game
Very easy topping for pancakes and/or waffles. I always have waffles in the freezer and this was just perfect for a single serving. Due to an issue with gluten, I left out the flour and this turned out just fine. I think this would also be good in plain yogurt and most likely will try it soon. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.