Recipe by Shannon Cooks
Easy peasy stir fry recipe. Serve with couscous or rice. NOTE: You CAN add extra "heat" to this recipe (extra cayenne pepper or curry paste) to suit your own tastes. I have deliberately kept the flavors mild in this recipe in order to not overshadow the taste of the fresh peppers and cashews. I love spicy hot food, but sometimes a mild take on things is a nice change from my routine. You be the judge!
Top Review by Pinot Grigio
I really loved this curry/stir-fry. I left the recipe as is and I think it was quite nice. I toasted my cashews in the oven before adding and also added some simple pan fried tofu dusted with a sprinking of salt on the side and served over rice. It was the perfect meal. I will be making this again and again. Thanks for this simple yet elegant meal. I look forward to trying more of your recipes!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup roasted and salted cashews (use whole cashews or halves, not pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat.
- Stir in peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Cook vegetables 5 minutes or until vegetables are tinged golden brown at the edges.
- Add curry powder, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add broth; cover, and continue to cook until peppers are tender, about 4 minutes longer.
- Add coconut milk and heat until bubbling( do not boil!).
- Spoon curry over hot couscous or rice and sprinkle with cashews.
- Makes 4 generous servings.