Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy peasy stir fry recipe. Serve with couscous or rice. NOTE: You CAN add extra "heat" to this recipe (extra cayenne pepper or curry paste) to suit your own tastes. I have deliberately kept the flavors mild in this recipe in order to not overshadow the taste of the fresh peppers and cashews. I love spicy hot food, but sometimes a mild take on things is a nice change from my routine. You be the judge!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup roasted and salted cashews (use whole cashews or halves, not pieces)
- Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat.
- Stir in peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Cook vegetables 5 minutes or until vegetables are tinged golden brown at the edges.
- Add curry powder, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add broth; cover, and continue to cook until peppers are tender, about 4 minutes longer.
- Add coconut milk and heat until bubbling( do not boil!).
- Spoon curry over hot couscous or rice and sprinkle with cashews.
- Makes 4 generous servings.
I really loved this curry/stir-fry. I left the recipe as is and I think it was quite nice. I toasted my cashews in the oven before adding and also added some simple pan fried tofu dusted with a sprinking of salt on the side and served over rice. It was the perfect meal. I will be making this again and again. Thanks for this simple yet elegant meal. I look forward to trying more of your recipes!
We enjoyed this very much, fresh and full of flavour, we dont tend to use salt or flavour enhancers, so found the recipe very good as is. It was very quickly prepared, and felt like a very exotic dish for a simple mid-week supper! Thank you Shannon, for another excellent recipe!
Really delicious dish! It's true that the flavors are a little bland at first, but all it needed was salt to taste and then the flavors come alive! My family loved this and we will make it again as it is a delicious healthy dish that was easy to put together. Thanks again Shannon for another terrific recipe!