1/6 Photos of Easy Bell Pepper and Cashew Coconut Curry Stir Fry
Shannon Cooks's Note:
Easy peasy stir fry recipe. Serve with couscous or rice. NOTE: You CAN add extra "heat" to this recipe (extra cayenne pepper or curry paste) to suit your own tastes. I have deliberately kept the flavors mild in this recipe in order to not overshadow the taste of the fresh peppers and cashews. I love spicy hot food, but sometimes a mild take on things is a nice change from my routine. You be the judge!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted cashews (use whole cashews or halves, not pieces)
- 1Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat.
- 2Stir in peppers, onion, and garlic.
- 3Cook vegetables 5 minutes or until vegetables are tinged golden brown at the edges.
- 4Add curry powder, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- 5Add broth; cover, and continue to cook until peppers are tender, about 4 minutes longer.
- 6Add coconut milk and heat until bubbling( do not boil!).
- 7Spoon curry over hot couscous or rice and sprinkle with cashews.
- 8Makes 4 generous servings.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Bell Pepper and Cashew Coconut Curry Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 149.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: