Recipe by thecatergator
I had Belgian waffles in the Hotel where we were staying and they were so good. I found out that the Hotel used a mix and I tried various recipes to try to get a match. I combined a few recipes to get this one and I think it is very close to the original.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a wire whisk until most lumps are gone.
- Set waffle iron dial to 5-1/2.
- Pour in scant 1/4 cup of batter (or the amount your waffle iron will hold) and cook according to waffle grill instructions.
- Remove from grill onto plate and spread butter over top and maple syrup.