These beets are super quick to make because the recipe uses canned beets. The beets can be either sliced or whole. It just depends upon your preference.
- Drain the beets reserving 1/3 cup of liquid; set beets aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, mix together the reserved liquid along with remaining ingredients, except beets.
- Stir to combine thoroughly and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken, stir in beets and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated thorough.
- These can be served either hot, room temperature or they are fantastic cold.
So easy, so incredibly delicious. Made for Culinary Quest 2014/CCQ.
My husband and I really enjoyed this beet recipe. It reminded me of my mother's recipe that she made often during my childhood. I've looked for this recipe for a long time and I'm so glad I finally found it. We'll have this often at my house. The only thing I did differently was, instead of using canned beets I cooked 4 fresh beets in boiling water and peeled them (which is how my mom used to prepare her beets). But I followed the rest of the recipe as written, and it was yummy. Thanks PaulaG. Made for 2014 Culinary Quest.
Loved it! Almost like a sweet and sour thing going on. CQ