- 1 (15 ounce) can beets
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crystallized ginger, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the beets reserving 1/3 cup of liquid; set beets aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, mix together the reserved liquid along with remaining ingredients, except beets.
- Stir to combine thoroughly and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken, stir in beets and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated thorough.
- These can be served either hot, room temperature or they are fantastic cold.