Recipe by Allison Williams
This recipe originated on an insert that came with a sample of specialty beers. We have made it with a number of different types and brands of beer, and it's turned out different and delicious each time.
Top Review by Chef Jho
This is wonderful! I sliced the leftover bread the next day and toasted it in the oven on 425 for a few minutes with a little parm cheese sprinkled on top. It crisped up nicely and was a great dunker for tomato soup! Next time I think I will add some shredded cheddar cheese and chives to the batter. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces of your favorite beer
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except butter; the dough will be sticky so don't try to knead it.
- Melt butter on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Pour dough into one large or two small loaf pans (greased and lightly floured) and top with melted butter.
- The main idea is to leave enough room for the bread to rise substantially in the pan without the melted butter overflowing.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes.