Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy to make. This would be nice with a hearty homemade soup
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Generously grease a 9 X5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Blend dry ingredents thoughly.
- With an electric mixer set at low speed, gradually pour in beer.
- Beat until well moistened. Stir in caraway seeds.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the surface is nicely browned.
- Whn a wooden pickinseted near center comes out clean; transfer bread to a cooling rack.
- Brush top with melted butter.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then turn out.
- Serve hot or complete cooling on rack.