Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great to make for a last-minute get together. I love to eat it warm with a little butter spread on it...so tasty!
- 709.77 ml self-rising flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 340.19 g beer
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- Sift the flour and sugar into a bowl.
- Stir in the beer. The batter will be thick.
- Pour into a lightly greased 5x9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove to a platter to cool and pour the butter over the top.
If you don't have self rising flour you can use 3 teaspoons of baking powder.
Simple & delicious recipe.
i did not use self rising flour. the first time i googled how to turn flour into self rising flour and followed those instructions, but the second time i didnt bother. i was not able to whisk this like others said they were able to, it was so thick and there would still be a little bit of flour that could not be stirred in at the end. i dont even sift the ingredients. and it still comes out DELICIOUS!!!! i love to make this because it is easy, quick, and the hubby loves it. we cut it up and spread butter on it afterwards rather than pour melted butter on top, though next time i think i will do as someone else suggested and pour it on before baking.
I love this recipe!! I don't use the butter and it's still great! I take it to work and it's gone in about 15 minutes. Thank you for a wonderful easy recipe!