Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy 'base' recipe. Add the steamed veggies on the side.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, about 1 inch thick (can sub rib eye steak or even chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade, & sauce (Kikkoman)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- hot cooked white rice or jasmine rice
- steamed vegetables (optional)
- Cut beef across the grain into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Combine teriyaki sauce and sugar in measuring cup, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove 3 tablespoons of mixture and pour over beef in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat pieces well. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add enough water to remaining teriyaki sauce mixture to measure 2/3 cup; blend in cornstarch. Heat oil in large skillet over heat; add beef and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce mixture. Continue to cook, stirring, about 1 minute, or until sauce boils and thickens slightly. Spoon beef and sauce over rice in large individual serving bowls. Serve vegetables on the side, if desired.