Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and delicious.
- 2 lbs stewing beef or 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 (500 ml) container sour cream
- 1 package egg noodles
- Brown stewing beef in water, in skillet.
- Stir in onion soup mix, mushroom soup, garlic Worhestershire and salt and pepper.
- Let cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Prepare egg noodles while mixture is cooking.
- Add sour cream to mixture and spoon onto individual servings of egg noodles.
- Sprinkle with Paprika and serve.
I didn't have any Worcestershire sauce so put in a little bit of powdered beef broth and a sprinkle of nutmeg ( I have always done this with my stroganoff) and let it cook the 15 minutes. Gave hubby a taste and he liked it....so this is a keeper for sure. Thank you for an easier recipe than my own :)
This was delicious and pretty much fool proof. I know because I accidentally dumped in half an envelope of Italian tomato herb mix instead of the onion soup mix. After scraping out half of it, I put in 1 1/2 envelopes of onion soup mix. It was still great! lol Maybe even better, who knows? I also did not have the whole container of sour cream, but it was close. I also used powdered garlic instead of crushed (I had no cloves). The beef we used was boneless chuckeye steak, and I think we had just 1 pound. Still, the sauce has always been my favorite part of stroganoff, and I wasn't disappointed. Finally, you didn't specify the size of the noodle package, so I used half a package of dry (not frozen) yolkless noodles. This was the perfect size for the 4 of us. Thanks!
This was fabulous! I served it over rice instead and I didn't have a whole container left of sour cream, but it still turned out great. I love quick and easy meals like this, thanks.