Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very easy recipe. My kids even love this.
- 2 sirloin steaks, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 can beef consomme soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (light is ok)
- 1 package wide egg noodles
- Brown steak strips.
- Sprinkle with flour to coat the meat.
- Slowly add soup to make a gravy.
- In a seperate pan saute onions until clear.
- Add mushrooms to onions and cook until wilted.
- Add mushrooms and onions to beef and gravy.
- Simmer 15 minutes or so to let thicken slightly.
- Stir in sour cream 5 minutes before serving.
- Heat through, do not boil.
- Serve over hot noodles.
Yummy! Everytime I make beef stroganoff, the meat comes out too tough. But this recipe yielded tasty, tender beef. I used light sour cream and it still came out wonderfully.
This was a very good version of Beef Stroganoff. It was simple to put together (except it did take three pans!) and has a pretty good stroganoff flavor. It is not a fast meal however. It took me over an hour to make this. The sauce turns out creamy, flavorful and delicious. I love that it's not made with a cream soup base as they usually upset my stomach. Fresh mushrooms are a must for this dish. I'm glad I found this one, and I'll definitely make it again.
my family love this-- could not get enough and I loved that it had all basic ingredients-- the only thing I did different is that I had a chuck roast I needed to use so I used the roast instead-- very very good