Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is my youngest son's [finicky eater] favorite meal. I found a variation of this recipe in the early 70's but I'm not sure where? I've made changes that I thought would make it taste better. If you serve this with a tossed salad and warmed loaf of french bread you'll have a tasty and delicious meal that the family will love. Tip in prep: Put the sirloin steak in the freezer allowing it to partially freeze because this makes cutting it into thin slices much easier.
- 1 large sirloin steak
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- garlic powder, and
- onion powder
- sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (for marinade)
- milk, as needed for thinning agent
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- Trim sirloin steak of any fat and thinly slice into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces, cutting across the grain. Season with garlic and onion powder. Put sliced steak into large zip lock bag with 1/2 cup dry white wine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While water is boiling for the wide egg noodles prepare the sirloin steak.
- Brown sirloin steak in 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet until all of the fluid evaporates. Add sliced mushrooms and saute for a bit. Put can of soup into meat and mushrooms letting it come to a bubble. Let simmer, stirring occasionally while the noodles are cooking, about 10 minutes. Take off the heat and add cut up softened cream cheese, stirring it well into the meat and soup mixture. If it seems too thick add some milk to thin until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put on top of egg noodles. Serve with salad and warmed french bread.
- Obviously if you have more time you can use freshly sliced mushrooms, onion and garlic. You may also use fat free cream cheese making it a little more diet friendly for those watching their weight.