Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
From a 1975 Rival cookbook. I would serve this with rice or mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Easy Beef Stew (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs stewing beef, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of celery)
- Combine all of the ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
Wow, so easy and so good! I actually prepared this twice this weekend. The first time I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out delicious and tender. The next time, I did cook in the oven and the results were just as good. My nephew and his wife loved it as did I. Served with peas and mashed potatoes and was informed I could make this anytime :) Thanks for a keeper Dicentra!