Recipe by LisaMari
This is the super easy and tasty recipe! nice tender beef and what you need is a tomato juice! very yummy stew.
Top Review by CamiDoo
This is the way my mom taught me to make beef stew and I wouldn't make it any other way. It is so flavorful and so easy! I do add a can or two of peas about 15 min. before serving. Just a personal preference.
- 700 ml original V8 vegetable juice
- 500 g beef
- 2 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the beef, salt and pepper the beef and coat the beef with flour.
- Crush garlic into saucepan with butter and cook the beef.
- Add tomato juice and basil and simmer it for an hour till the beef become tender.
- Add the veggies and cook till they cooked.
- Serve it with sour cream if you desire.