Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Zaar recipe that I adopted. I hope to make it soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- Trim separable fat from steak nd remove bone.
- Pound with meat mallet or saucer; slice into strips 1 inch wide and 4 inches long. trim any excess fat from bacon.
- Place bacon slices on steak strips and roll up, securing with small wooden picks.
- Brown roll-ups slowly in hot oil in large frying-pan.
- Remove roll-ups to pressure pan.
- Add soup-mix and 2 cups of water to frying-pan and simmer 3 minutes, scraping particles from pan.
- Pour liquid over roll-ups.
- Cook at 10 lbs pressure 10 minutes.
- Remove roll-ups to warm serving dish.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/2 cup water, mixing until smooth.
- Add to liquid in pressure pan and simmer, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour gravy over roll-ups; garnish with parsley and cherry tomatoes.
My hard-to-please husband said "it's pretty good!" My 8-yr old son said "yum." So I'd say it's a 5 star recipe. I didn't have beef bacon - I used the lean cut (40% less fat) regular bacon. I also didn't have a pressure pan, so I put the rolls on a plate while I made the sauce, then I returned the rolls to the iron skillet and cooked them on a low simmer with the lid on for about 40 minutes. They were tender and tasty!