1/1 Photo of Easy Beef or Vegetarian Enchiladas
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This is a great weeknight dinner. It takes just over 1/2 hour to get on the table and uses simple, easy to find ingredients. I found the recipe on Chatelaine Magazine's web site. It's also easy to cut the recipe in half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 240 g vegetarian ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups hot salsa, use thick salsa (use mild or medium if you want less heat)
- 4 cups cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium flour tortillas (about 7-inch wide)
- 1 cup sour cream, regular or 1 cup sour cream, light
- 2 avocados, sliced (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 500F and oil a 9x13" baking dish.
- 2Place meat, cumin and salt in a large non-stick frying pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often and breaking up meat to keep it crumbly until no pink remains or veggie ground round is hot (about 5 min). - *Omit salt if using veggie ground round.*.
- 3Stir in 1 cup salsa and cook until hot.
- 4Stir in 1/2 of the cheese and half of the cilantro.
- 5Place a tortilla on cutting board and place 3/4 cup of meat mixture down the centre, dot with 1 tbsp sour cream, and roll tightly.
- 6Place in baking dish seam-side down with an open end touching the narrow side of the dish.
- 7Place 3 rolls beside.
- 8Fill the other half of the dish with the remaining rolls.
- 9Spread tortillas with the remaining 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- 10Top with remaining salsa and sprinkle with cheese.
- 11Bake until cheese is golden (about 15 minute.
- 12Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
- 13Serve with sliced avocados and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Beef or Vegetarian Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.1
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 1048.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 36.8 g