Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are fabulous and so easy! I serve these with corn and black bean salsa. This is one of DH's favorite meals!
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips (or one each)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean beef sirloin or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (depending on how much heat you want)
- 1 dash fresh lime juice
- non stick cooking spray
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- I like to use my iron skillet for these.
- When skillet is very hot add bell peppers, onion and garlic; (be careful not to burn garlic or it will taste bitter) cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is slightly golden and peppers are tender.
- Stir in beef or chicken, cumin and chili powder; cook, Squeeze a little lime juice over meat and stir occasionally, until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve in tortillas; top with desired toppings.
These were ok, but DH and I agreed that they were a little bland compared to what we're used to, so that's the reason for the 4-star rating. Otherwise, they were very easy to make. Just needed a little more zip. Maybe I'll add more lime juice next time.
I used the exact ingredients listed, but I don't measure often and didn't this time. I know I used quite a bit more of the lime juice. My bell peppers were also orange, green, red and yellow. Wow, this is great and very easy. I had never made fajitas before. By the way, I used chicken. Good! Good!