Recipe by Little Bee
These are fabulous and so easy! I serve these with corn and black bean salsa. This is one of DH's favorite meals!
Top Review by Jay P.
Was a little plain so the second time I added tomato bouillon with chicken flavor ,about 2 1/2 table spoons of that, and used 6 limes instead of a dash of lime juice. It came out much more flavorful!
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips (or one each)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean beef sirloin or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (depending on how much heat you want)
- 1 dash fresh lime juice
- non stick cooking spray
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- I like to use my iron skillet for these.
- When skillet is very hot add bell peppers, onion and garlic; (be careful not to burn garlic or it will taste bitter) cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is slightly golden and peppers are tender.
- Stir in beef or chicken, cumin and chili powder; cook, Squeeze a little lime juice over meat and stir occasionally, until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve in tortillas; top with desired toppings.