Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
While it may not always look appetizing, this dip is always gone when we make it for parties or family events. Everyone asks for the recipe and can't believe how easy it is. Sometimes we substitute ground turkey for the ground beef and no one can tell the difference.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmedium chunky salsa (or salsa of your choice)
- Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning as directed on packet. We usually use a little less water though.
- Chunk the Velveeta and add to crockpot.
- Pour in jar of salsa and add the prepared meat.
- Let melt together in the crockpot, stirring occasionally.
- At times, we have been in a hurry and used the microwave to help speed up the melting process for the Velveeta. Then just add the melted Velveeta to the other ingredients in the crockpot to keep warm and melty for dipping!
- We have also used Mexican style Velveeta and Pepper jack, and it was just as good. Feel free to experiment.
Yummy! Definitely making again!
I made this for a family taco night. Will make again for a movie night or get-together with friends. Thanks for sharing! Love how easy it is.
I used ChiChi's medium salsa. It was my first time trying chichi's. I think I would get Pace next time! Thank you mucho!
Super easy and super yummy. I bet adding a can of refried beans would be good too. Made for Spring PAC 2010.