Recipe by Wildflour
This easy to make pie gets it's extra richness from a custard made with eggs and mayonnaise. Pure comfort food! I like to serve this with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Top Review by Mick's Kitchen
The flavor on this pie was excellent, but my stomach said, "too much cheese." I'll have to try cutting the cheese back a bit, but I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for the recipe.
- 3⁄4-1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells, flute edge
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onion til done. Drain grease.
- Stir in mushrooms and cheese.
- Pour hot mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- In bowl, combine rest of ingredients.
- Beat til smooth.
- Pour over beef mixture in pie shell.
- Flute edges.
- Bake in 350º oven for 35 minutes til golden brown and puffy.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 6-8 servings.
- Cooked, crumbled bacon is a nice addition to this, too.