Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick 30 min meal and it tastes good. Note onion and bell pepper are optional.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 onion (optional)
- 1 bell pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1. Place chopped onions, bell peppers, and ground beef in large skillet that has been sprayed with Pam. Cook until ground beef is well done.
- 2. Cook elbow noodles in water for 9 minutes.
- 3. Add both cans of tomato soup to the cooked and drained ground beef. Simmer until the noodles are cooked.
- 4. Drain noodles and add to mix. Stir well.
My mom and I have been making this recipe for over 50 years. I think she found it on the campbells label years ago. We call it Hamburger Noodle Casserole. For some crazy reason my whole family loves this. Ground beef, tomato soup and elbows (we used creamettes).How much more simple can it get. I do use onions and green pepper also. It is a keeper.
This is a wonderful recipe that I make on a weekly basis. I wouldn't change anything from this recipe except I would strongly suggest to add the onion to give it a really good flavor. I find that sometimes children do not like the looks of the onion in this dish but I would suggest you grate the onion instead of having big chunks. Your children will never see the onion but it will be very tasty. A definite 5 star and for those with children very quick to make
Tomato soup mixes easier if you mix it with the cooked elbow macaroni first, THEN add the browned ground meat (make sure the ground meat is in small pieces). Mom made it for me when I was a kid (we called it jungle stew - don't know why)...still my favorite comfort food. I like it plain and simple (no additions).