Recipe by Sassy one
My husband doen't like Mexican food so when he works out of town I love to make this one. It makes a lot for leftovers too.
Top Review by momaphet
This was fabulous! First of all it doesn't get much simpler, I even used fresh onion and garlic (I used garlic granules too) and it was still quick and easy. I subbed 1 1/2 chipotle chili for the jalapeno this added a great flavor without being too spicy. I didn't have to add any flour at the end there was little liquid and the meat was nice and juicey My batch took about 3 hours to get tender, but I made this one evening to serve the next so the time wasn't too big a deal. I served this over jasmine rice with corn, shredded jack cheese and a little sour cream on top along with a nice cold bottle of German lager, yum! The flavors are so great together, our oldest son was over for dinner and he wants the recipe now! The next time I may try cooking this in the oven so I won't even have to worry about stirring. Made for The Best of 2010 Tag.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat (I use already cut it's easier)
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon canned diced jalapeno (more if you want it hotter)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons chopped dried onion (or real onion if you have it on hand)
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth (you can use chicken broth or water also)
- 1 tablespoon flour (or more for thickening after it's cooked)
- serve on tortilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except the flour in a 3 quart pot and bring to boil.
- After it boils reduce heat cover and simmer for 2 hrs stirring occasionally making sure you don't run out of liquid.
- Remove from heat add the flour and mix well add more if you want it thicker.