Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe handed down from my mother. When I was a kid I couldn't get enough of this. It's more like a hotdish than a soup. It's a very simple recipe and filling.
- 4 cups elbow macaroni noodles (measured before cooking)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 4 celery ribs, Chopped
- 3 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a dutch oven, add noodles and cook a minute or less than the recommended time on package.
- In a large skillet, add beef, onions and celery and cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain off fat from beef and set aside.
- When noodles finish cooking, drain well then add beef mixture to noodles in dutch oven.
- Add the rest of ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Cover and Cook over medium heat until it begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cover and Simmer, stirring frequently, for 30 Minutes or until heated through and serve.
I chose this recipe for Spring Pac 2007 and my kids were really pleased with it. It was simple and very kid friendly and even tasty to adult taste buds. I will make this one again since it was easy and and quick! Thanks for sharing!