Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy easy beef enchilada casserole. It has alot of ingredients..but goes together rather quickly. You can add or remove some of the fillers as desired..I think you could even use shredded chicken in place of the beef.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can beans (I use refried but pinto or black beans works well too)
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 cup Mexican-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) canof sliced black olives
- 1 cup precooked white rice (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I like hot)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 12 8 inch size corn tortillas, cut into bite-size pieces (white or yellow)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef with onions.
- Add the beans,olives,corn, sauces and soup.
- Mix well.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- In a 9x13 pan- spread a little of the sauce mixture on bottom of pan.
- Layer 1/2 of the torn tortillas, 1/2 of the sauce and 1/2 of cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly hot.
- Serve with sour cream and chopped green onions.
This is a great casserole and very simple to make. I made it with flour tortillas instead of corn (just a personal preference) and used fiesta nacho cheese soup instead of cream of mushroom. It tasted so yummy and was great re-heated as leftovers!! Very nice recipe, thanks for posting :)
A great recipe,i did substitute pepperjack cheese for cheddar(my own preference,i find it creamier),i followed the rest of recipe exact,you have a blue ribbon here,a real keeper.Thanks for sharing.
I have to edit my previous recipe review because I made this tonight again and it turned out really good. I'm glad because I really wanted to like this recipe. I left out the corn and black olives this time and we really liked it. I definitely think that we didn't like the corn and black olives in it so that is just a matter of personal taste. All in all a really good casserole!