Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You won't be going to your local Mexican restaurant anymore....... You can easily use flour tortillas instead of corn, which don't need to be fried.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 12 corn tortillas (or flour)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups colby or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- guacamole, to top (optional)
- Brown meat and onion in 10 inch skillet.
- Stir in 1/2 cup picante sauce and cumin.
- **Heat about 1/2 inch oil in a small skillet until hot but not smoking.
- Quickly fry tortillas in oil to soften, about 2 seconds per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- **Note if you use flour tortillas, they do not need to be fried.
- Spoon about 1/4 Celsius of meat mixture down center of each tortilla.
- Roll and place seam side down in 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Spoon remaining picante sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until hot.
- Top with Guacamole if desired.
- Serve with additional picante sauce.