Recipe by -------
You won't be going to your local Mexican restaurant anymore....... You can easily use flour tortillas instead of corn, which don't need to be fried.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 12 corn tortillas (or flour)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups colby or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- guacamole, to top (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and onion in 10 inch skillet.
- Stir in 1/2 cup picante sauce and cumin.
- **Heat about 1/2 inch oil in a small skillet until hot but not smoking.
- Quickly fry tortillas in oil to soften, about 2 seconds per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- **Note if you use flour tortillas, they do not need to be fried.
- Spoon about 1/4 Celsius of meat mixture down center of each tortilla.
- Roll and place seam side down in 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Spoon remaining picante sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until hot.
- Top with Guacamole if desired.
- Serve with additional picante sauce.