Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is your basic enchilada, you may take these to another level by adding in other ingredients to the ground beef, like corn, cooked rice, green bell pepper, jalapeño pepper --- you may also adjust the olives and cheese to taste ---make certain to have the ground beef filling still hot when filling the tortillas, or the enchiladas will take longer to bake and will get soggy, baking time should be no more than 20 minutes or just enough to heat up the dish --- see my Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix and Kittencal's Red Enchilada or Taco Sauce
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh minced garlic
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning mix
- 42.52 g package dry enchilada mix (can use 2 packages for lots of sauce)
- 6 (60 inch) flour tortillas
- 709.77 ml grated Mexican blend cheese, divided (or use cheddar cheese)
- 236.59 ml sliced black olives, drained
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef with onion and garlic until no longer pink; drain fat.
- Add in the package of taco seasoning mix; cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the enchilada sauce according to the package directions.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce into the bottom of a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place an equal amount of ground beef mixture on each tortilla, then sprinkle grated cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle the black olives over the top of the cheese (reserve about 1 cup cheddar cheese for the top).
- Roll each tortilla up and place seam-side down on the sauce in the baking dish.
- Drizzle the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (no more than 25 minutes or the enchiladas will get too soggy). Bake at 350.
I made these tonight and they were so gooda big hit! I made a double batch but I only used 1 1/2 small onions and 1 taco seasoning pack. They turned out great! I will be making these again, for sure!
This was perfect comfort food!! Couldn't find dry enchilada mix so made your Kittencal's Red Enchilada or Taco Sauce - perfect!! :) I managed to fill only 5 flour tortillas. Thanks Kit!:)