1/2 Photos of Easy Beef Enchiladas
This is your basic enchilada, you may take these to another level by adding in other ingredients to the ground beef, like corn, cooked rice, green bell pepper, jalapeño pepper --- you may also adjust the olives and cheese to taste ---make certain to have the ground beef filling still hot when filling the tortillas, or the enchiladas will take longer to bake and will get soggy, baking time should be no more than 20 minutes or just enough to heat up the dish --- see my Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix and Kittencal's Red Enchilada or Taco Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package dry enchilada mix (can use 2 packages for lots of sauce)
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups grated Mexican blend cheese, divided (or use cheddar cheese)
- 1 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef with onion and garlic until no longer pink; drain fat.
- 2Add in the package of taco seasoning mix; cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- 3Prepare the enchilada sauce according to the package directions.
- 4Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce into the bottom of a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 5Place an equal amount of ground beef mixture on each tortilla, then sprinkle grated cheddar cheese.
- 6Sprinkle the black olives over the top of the cheese (reserve about 1 cup cheddar cheese for the top).
- 7Roll each tortilla up and place seam-side down on the sauce in the baking dish.
- 8Drizzle the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- 10Bake for about 20 minutes (no more than 25 minutes or the enchiladas will get too soggy). Bake at 350.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Beef Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (1517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.0
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 1412.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry enchilada mix