Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 lb bottom round steak, cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup good Burgundy wine (do not use cooking wine)
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- Brown beef cubes in oil.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic and saute' 3-5 minutes (being careful not to burn garlic).
- Add broth, tomato paste and wine; simmer, covered, 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Mix cornstarch with a little water in small bowl.
- Stir into beef burgundy.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over noodles.
This was good made it with almost 4 pounds of beef and only incresed the other amounts by a little. Compleatly forgot the tomato paste, it was good anyway.