Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
EASY Beef BBQ
- 5 -7 lbs beef roast
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (Any Brand)
For the sauce
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup (I prefer Karo)
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hot barbecue sauce
- Place beef in a slow cooker and add beer.
- Cook on low overnight.
- Next day drain and shred, meat should fall apart very easily.
- Mix sauce ingredients together and add to meat.
- cook on low in slow cooker until ready to serve.
This is wonderful! I woke up to a great aroma coming fromthe kitchen and the finished product was very tasty.
This is the easiest and best BBQ recipe ever.
While this does make a decent sandwich filling, it is a far cry from real BBQ. It's more of a brisket sloppy joe. This might pass for 'cue in Cleveland or Boston, but not in Memphis or Texas. The meat is undoubtedly tender, but it lacks the through-and-through smoke tang of real BBQ. Instead you tend to get a more vinegary taste. I was intrigued, however, by the aroma of the meat before I added the BBQ sauce. That might be a decent place to start, and have individuals add a good BBQ sauce, like Stubb's