Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a family favourite. Everyone will enjoy it and it's easy to make - I promise!
- 1 lb stewing beef (sm.cubed)
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 piece celery (chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- In a large stock pot brown the cubed beef in oil then add the onions, celery and frozen vegetables - cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring it to a medium boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow soup to lighlty boil.
- After 30 minutes taste, and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Continue to simmer for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Keep warm till your ready to serve.