1/1 Photo of Easy Beef and Veggie Bolognese
This is just plain old bolognese, with some shredded veggies added for nutrition. I usually use this method to "doctor" a commercial sauce, such as Ragu or Five Brothers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the beef, drain fat, and set aside.
- 2Saute onion, celery (if using) and garlic in a little oil till onion softens.
- 3Add carrots, zucchini, and other veggies. Saute for 3 - 5 minutes.
- 4Return beef to pan with veggies.
- 5Add pasta sauce. If you are using a plain sauce (like a passata), then season with salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. If you are using a commercial sauce that already has flavourings added, you should be able to get by without it.
- 6Simmer for 30 minutes, or more if you have the time. Or less if you don't!
- 7Serve over hot cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Beef and Veggie Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.1
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 677.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 20.3 g