Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is just plain old bolognese, with some shredded veggies added for nutrition. I usually use this method to "doctor" a commercial sauce, such as Ragu or Five Brothers.
- Brown the beef, drain fat, and set aside.
- Saute onion, celery (if using) and garlic in a little oil till onion softens.
- Add carrots, zucchini, and other veggies. Saute for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Return beef to pan with veggies.
- Add pasta sauce. If you are using a plain sauce (like a passata), then season with salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. If you are using a commercial sauce that already has flavourings added, you should be able to get by without it.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, or more if you have the time. Or less if you don't!
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
Really nice and quick way to enhance the flavour of bottled pasta sauce and add a bit more substance to it.