Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I made this yesterday for the first time and I will be making again. I replaced the tomato soup with a can of hunts tomato sauce and I sprinkle in some basil.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup light cream
- Brown the beef well and drain.
- In a small bowl, mix salt, pepper, onion and soup.
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- In the crockpot, alternate layers of potatoes and meat (start with the potatoes).
- Pour soup mixture over it all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Pour cream over all and turn to HIGH.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 to 20 minutes.
This was plain and simple... a little bland for us, but that could be easily adjusted. I think this is something children would enjoy -- a family-style meat & potatoes dish. I made exactly as written. If I were to make this again, I would add some garlic to the meat while it was browning, and make a bell pepper or jalapeno for a little zing.