Recipe by Shannonmc
This is very easy to make...cooks itself with little work. Has a great beef taste, but not to heavy. You can adjust the ingredients to satisfy your own taste.
Top Review by Merlot
Excellent meal! Very easy to make and ohhh so good! It really hit the spot on this cold rainy day. I added a little more garlic than stated just for personal taste. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe, Shannonmc. I hope to try your potato soup in the near future. It looks wonderful!!
- 907.18-1360.77 g chuck roast
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 package mccormick au jus sauce
- 354.88 ml water
- 236.59-473.18 ml of medium sliced carrot
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 1-2 clove chopped garlic
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 226.79 g noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet on medium to low heat, put roast in a large skillet.
- Pour can of beef broth over beef and add onion and garlic clove.
- Cook for 1 hour until broth is about 1/2 gone.
- After an hour, add Au jus, water, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until Au jus is disolved.
- Add sliced carrots and cook for additional hour until meat and carrots are tender.
- In a separate pan cook noodles until tender and drain.
- Put noodles in a serving dish, cut meat into pieces (should be tender enough to pull apart) and add to noodles.
- Pour remaining liquid from pan over noodles and beef.
- Stir well and serve.
- You can add more of less carrots.
- We like a lot of carrots.
- Also, I like to turn my roast off and let it sit for about 15 minutes in the pan before cutting so it will retain more of the juices.