Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was a comfort food my mom used to make when we were kids. I have had it on a faded index card for years and finally decided to put it on here so I don't lose it! It is not a very spicy chili so I occasionally add jalapeno's or more chili powder.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onions. Break up ground beef as it cooks.
- When ground beef and onions are cooked. remove from heat and drain all liquids.
- In a large stockpot add all ingredients, including beef and onions. Simmer on medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream cheddar cheese and your favorite corn bread.
This chili was awesome! I would suggest decreasing the salt & celery salt a wee bit but other than that, very very tasty & super simple. Thanks for sharing!